1 dessert made of sweetened milk coagulated with rennet
2 a journey taken for pleasure; "many summer excursions to the shore"; "it was merely a pleasure trip"; "after cautious sashays into the field" [syn: excursion, jaunt, outing, pleasure trip, expedition, sashay]
3 a trip taken by an official at public expense
1 go on a pleasure trip
- Rhymes: -ʌŋkɪt
- feast, banquet
- dessert of flavored milk and rennet; also, the brand name of a specific line of deserts of that type.
- a trip or errand made by a public official at public expense with dubious public benefit
- gaming 20-40 table gaming rooms for which the capacity and limits change daily. Junket rooms are often rented out to private vendors who run tour groups through them and give a portion of the proceeds to the main casino.
Junket can refer to:
- Junket (vacation), an excursion for the purpose of pleasure at public expense
- Junket (dessert), a dessert made of flavoured, sweetened curds
- Junket (company), a brand name of rennet tablets and dessert mixes
- A movie junket, where entertainment journalists are invited to see a movie and interview the stars of the movie before the movie's release
- A casino junket, where gamblers are flown to an area where legalized gambling is available and booked into a hotel-casino, both at the junket company's expense, in exchange for a cut of the gamblers' turnover from the casino
Charlotte, campaign, carrot pudding, chocolate mousse, circuit, course, custard, duff, excursion, expedition, flan, grand tour, jaunt, journey, mousse, outing, package tour, peregrination, pilgrimage, pleasure trip, plum pudding, progress, pudding, rennet, round trip, roundabout, rubberneck tour, run, safari, sally, shoot, stalk, steamed pudding, syllabub, tapioca pudding, tour, trek, trifle, trip, turn, vanilla pudding, voyage